Last Modified: July 21, 2022
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- Through your use of CareConvene
- In electronic communications, such as e-mail and text messages, between you and us
- Through any third party application by which you access data on CareConvene
- Through any third party hardware used by you to share data through CareConvene
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including in medical records or other records maintained by medical providers who use CareConvene.
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from CareConvene.
If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use CareConvene. By accessing or using CareConvene, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of CareConvene after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy from time to time for updates.
You may contact us regarding this policy at:
Postal Address: 6757 Cascade Rd., #43, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Information We Collect & How We Collect It. We may collect several types of information from and about CareConvene users, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“Personal Information”)
- That is about you but individually does not identify you
- Any personal, medical, or health-related information that you voluntarily submit to CareConvene, which may include, without limitation, Protected Health Information (“PHI”); data files from institutions such as hospitals and laboratories; third-party activity trackers and wearable devices; data regarding insurance claims, prescription, and other information from pharmacies; and other third party information.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access CareConvene, and your usage details
- About your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Payment information
- Information about your medical service providers
- Biometric information for use by patients and medical providers
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you interact with CareConvene. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide To Us. The information we collect on or through CareConvene may include:
- Information that you provide directly when using CareConvene.
- Records and copies of your correspondence to us and ours to you.
- Records and copies of correspondence between medical professionals and their patients.
- Details of transactions and interactions facilitated by CareConvene.
Information We Collect Using Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you interact with CareConvene, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you, your hardware, your software, your interaction with CareConvene, and other data, including:
- Details of your visits to CareConvene, including your location, what pages you visit and links you follow, the length of time spent on each page, and other data regarding your interaction with CareConvene.
- Information about your device and internet connection, such as what browser you are using and the IP address from which you’re accessing CareConvene.
The information we collect automatically is not in and of itself Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information, or Protected Health Information, but we may synthesize it with such categories of information either collected by us from you as described in this Policy or obtained from third parties. This integration of information helps us to improve the service we offer by:
- Knowing more about our audience, including usage patterns.
- Customizing CareConvene so that it is easier for you to use.
- Enhancing our searches so they are more responsive to you.
- Recognizing you when you return to CareConvene.
- Facilitating interactions with medical providers specified by you and third parties who provide services to medical providers, such as health insurance providers.
The technologies we may use for automatic data collection include cookies, web beacons, and tracking pixels. In addition, third parties may serve some content via CareConvene and may use automatic data collection technologies to facilitate the service or services they provide. These third parties may collect information associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information, and Protected Health Information. They may use this information to provide you with targeted content.
Use of Your Information. The information we collect helps us to improve CareConvene and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- To register you as a new user
- To process and deliver services to you, manage payments, fees, and charges
- To manage our relationship with you
- To manage your relationships with health care providers who use CareConvene and to access and interact with data from such providers.
- To facilitate the employment application process of potential CareConvene employees
- To enable you to complete a survey
- To administer and protect CareConvene
- To deliver relevant content to you
- To use data analytics to improve CareConvene, products/services and inform users about new or modified CareConvene features and services.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about products or services that may be of interest to you.
- To estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- To improve the performance of CareConvene
- To recognize you when you return to CareConvene
- To carry out any obligations and enforce any rights arising from any agreements entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- To notify you about any changes to CareConvene or any products or services we offer through CareConvene
- To take other actions which we may describe when you provide the pertinent information
- For any other purpose with your consent
Disclosure of Your Information. We may disclose aggregated, deidentified information about our users in general, without restriction. We may disclose Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information, or Protected Health Information that we collect or that you provide to us as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- With your consent
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees and associates, our customers, or any other individual or entity
Your Information; Your Choices. We make every effort to provide you with as many choices as possible regarding use of the Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information you provide to us. We have identified the following processes to provide you with control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your device to refuse all or some tracking technologies. If you disable or refuse tracking technologies, please note that some parts of CareConvene may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We do not share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes.
- Promotional Offers from Us. We do not currently use your Personal Information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, but we may use your Personal Information to share new products, services, or features with you. You may opt-out by replying to a marketing email with “unsubscribe” in the subject line, clicking “unsubscribe” in the email itself, or by contacting us using the methods identified in this Policy at any time.
We have no control over how third parties use your Personal Information.
Accessing, Modifying, or Deleting Your Information or Account. You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, to correct, or to delete, any Personal Information you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your Personal Information without also deleting any account associated with your Personal Information. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause remaining information to be incorrect. Information you have provided via CareConvene may also exist in records maintained by your health care providers or in such providers’ CareConvene accounts. Should you wish to access, correct, or delete any such information, you must contact each such health care provider. Deleting your CareConvene account does not delete your Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information, or Protected Health Information from your health care providers’ records or CareConvene accounts.
Policy Towards Minors. CareConvene is not intended for children under 13 years of age to use without a parent’s or guardian’s account CareConvene will only gather Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information, and Protected Health Information from children with the verified consent of their parents or guardians.